Here at Percept.AI, we are on the mission to build the AWS for all AI-empowered business functions, which we believe will get us closer to a future where people can be freed from all the repetitive and mundane tasks in their daily operations. Percept AI is spearheading toward this future by first revolutionizing the customer support of every company. We are a team of passionate engineers fascinated by hard technical problems with a mindset of building products that people love. If you are also excited about solving untackled challenges, this is your opportunity to join us and build something bigger than ourselves!
As a backend engineer, you can expect to:
- Build high-impact features to our rapidly maturing core chatbot engine
- Design, build, and optimize large-scale data processing pipeline that powers our deep learning models and in-house analytics system
- Work closely with our clients to build, integrate and customize solutions that meet their requirements
- Instrument, automate, and optimize our infrastructure for reliability, scalability, and developer productivity
- Evaluate and deploy new technology, tools, and processes to the team; uphold and improve our engineering standards
Some things we consider critical to being a good backend engineer:
- 2+ full-time years experience as a backend engineer
- You’re passionate about working with a small team in a fast-paced environment, with the sense of ownership and a strong desire to make an impact.
- You take pride in wearing multiple hats by navigating through a stack of technologies and products
- Appreciation for quality and agility, and the wisdom to find the right balance
- Must have: Intermediate to advanced understanding of Python
- Plus: Experience with relational databases SQLAlchemy/Postgres/MySQL
- Plus: Experience with developing APIs using Flask/Django/gPRC with developer-friendly interface and documentation
- Bonus: knowledge of Natural Language Processing and/or Machine Learning algorithms, Docker, Kubernetes (or other container orchestration platforms), Spark, and AWS
Backed by Y-Combinator, we are a fast growing startup with a great product and happy customers. Even so, we are just beginning our journey and are growing fast. We pay competitively with equity and offer all the best startup benefits, including health insurance, paid vacation, and flexible Work from Home policy. But more than that, we provide a supportive environment where you can do the best work of your life, where creativity and personal initiative are cherished, where product quality standards are nothing short of excellent, and where you have a direct, leading role in delighting customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.