Here are Percept.AI (YC S17), we are on the mission to build the AWS for all AI-empowered business functions, which we believe will get us closer to a future where people can be freed from all the repetitive and mundane tasks in their daily operations. We are a team of passionate engineers, and we hold the products we craft to the highest standard. We believe that AI technologies and data-driven solutions are the driving force to establish the new standard of business operation and productivity.
As a backend engineer, you'll:
- Design and build a highly scalable and available cloud-based backend infrastructure
- Build and optimize the state of the art conversation engine system
- Design and build the high-volume efficient ETL data pipeline for the end-to-end machine learning and analytics systems
- Build and maintain a performant API system that serves the customer-facing console frontend
- Build monitoring & alerting platforms, automation tools and continuous integration environments
- Follow the product from inception to launch, and own large parts of the product’s execution
- Conduct code reviews for our peers, and learn from code reviews conducted with you
Some things we consider critical to being a good backend engineer:
- Passionate about working in a fast-paced environment, with the sense of ownership and a strong desire to make an impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related fields
- 3+ years of full-time working experience in a software system and infrastructure for cloud-based web applications
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high-performance production quality code. Strong Python experience
- Experience developing distributed service oriented architectures using Flask or other Python web framework (a plus)
- Experience with relational databases, real-time streaming infrastructure, data workflow management system, performance benchmarking and diagnostic tools (a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL, Shell programming and C++, Java and Go (a plus)
We are a fast growing startup backed by Y-Combinator, with a great product and happy customers. Even so, we are just beginning our journey and are growing fast. We pay competitively with equity and offer all the best startup benefits, including health insurance, paid vacation, and flexible Work from Home policy. But more than that, we provide a supportive environment where you can do the best work of your life, where creativity and personal initiative are cherished, where product quality standards are nothing short of excellent, and where you have a direct, leading role in delighting customers.